Best Pals Dog Grooming
Best Pals, with 18 years of experience, offers a professional and calm environment, with quality grooming being a key focus. The most important aspect of animal care is your dog’s welfare and happiness, which is always my highest priority. This is why the environment in which they are groomed is stress free, due to there not being more than 4 dogs at a time and it is totally cage free.
When you drop your pal off a typical full groom consists of:
· Brushing & removal of undercoat
· De-matting (if necessary)
· Clipping & shaving of hair
· Bathing with specific shampoo and conditioner for your pals coat and colour
· Blow-drying (various drying equipment used depending on your pals coat)
· Nail clipping including dew-claws
· Ear cleaning and ear hair removal for dogs with narrow ear canals
· Coat conditioning spray (various scent options)
During your 'best pals' grooming experience I always make sure to fully check them over, looking for any abnormalities whether that be lumps, injuries or insects. This is a very important part of my job and I have previously noticed injuries varying from grass seeds in between toes to foreign objects embedded in the skin. If I do find any thing out of the ordinary I will always inform you so that you can seek veterinary advice if necessary.
My personal recommendation coming from experience is for your dog to be groomed (including brushing, clipping and bathing) every 6-8 weeks, leaving your pet’s coat clean, tidy, manageable and importantly matt free!